I saw this article from Real Simple magazine on another blog and I wanted to remember it, so I am posting it here! It is a good reminder to me that I am responsible for making the world around me better, instead of waiting for everyone else to do it for me.
I really needed this message lately. It makes life so much more fun when you can find fun ways to make people smile. I know that so many things on this list have been done for me and it has totally made my day, or week, or month :-). Like the time Mindy sent me an article that she had read about allergies, and it was just so nice to know that she would think of me and that she is interested in what our family is going through. It really made my world a better place-- so thanks Mindy! I think my mom taught me the one about if someone brings you dinner you should always send the plates back with something on them, like cookies-- Yum. My problem is that I always have the best intentions, but life gets in the way. My new goal starting right now is to follow through on those intentions, and not just make others happier, but myself too.
P.S. Do you think the Gold-Star idea would work for Sarah :-) I think it might, she tends to get in trouble an awful lot, but the gold star thing I could use to recognize the good that she does do-- like helping me with the groceries yesterday without me even saying anything. She just saw I was bringing stuff in and she hopped right up to help. She really can be sweet-- just on her own time :-).
I am going to get some gold stars right now.
Have a great day!
1 comment:
ok! the pics are finally done and i can't find your email address!! woops. email me and i can send them or drive them to ya!
kelly
Post a Comment