

Sarah is amazing. Out of all my kids, she is the most aware of others and has the most tender heart. Sometimes we do battle, but on the other hand, she is always the first to offer to help me with the groceries, or whatever I may need. She can always sense when someone needs help. She loves to serve others-- maybe that is why she doesn't want to do her own chores :-)--she would rather do someone else's.
One of my favorite things about Sarah is that she loves to see the good in everyone around her. I know I have mentioned that before, but here is an example that happened several months ago at the end of school. The last week of school is when all the kids get their special awards and recognition. All the kids who scored the top 10% in the nation are given a certificate. Sarah is very smart (sometimes too smart for her own good) and was in that group for 7 categories, something that no one else in the school had done. That is something that should make a parent proud, but I was more amazed and proud at how she reacted. She was happy to show me her certificate and proud that she received it, but excitedly told me that so and so got one too, and someone else got this award. She was genuinely happy for everyone. She is always able to make others feel important and happy about the talents they have been given-- and that I think is very special.
So, Sarah, we are proud of you! You are smart, beautiful, and you have a big heart that is ready to make the world a better place! We love you. Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
Grandma love you and thinks you are pretty special
Happy Belated Birthday Sarah! I think you are pretty amazing too. Hope you had a fabulous day and have an even more fabulous year!
I was glad to spend some time with you for your birthday, even if it wasn't very long. You are a precious gift to our family and we are blessed to have you. Love Grandma Hong
Post a Comment