Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Secret ingredient

So, I have learned a lot on this allergy journey. Some things really surprise me. I have found lots of recipes for the cafe rio salads, and none of them have dairy in them. Guess what! The real Cafe Rio meats, except the grilled chicken, have butter. So, if you are trying to be authentic Cafe Rio style-- add some butter to your meat. Maybe that is why it tastes so good :-).

4 comments:

LaRue said...

Oh darn! There's another one to add to my list of guilt trips! Love to all, Grandma Hong

Mandy said...

You are so amazing - I hope you create a cookbook or blog for your food allergy discoveries. And Lisi totally has our vote for President!

Mindy said...

We just got a cafe rio in Idaho Falls. So excited! Mandi and I are taking LaRue there for Mother's Day on Saturday.

Rachey-Foo said...

mmmmm, yummm!!