So, not much has changed. I have contractions all the time, but none really hurt, and they are not really long or close together. I went to the doctor ready to have the baby today, but not really expecting it. He said the baby is fully engaged (head really low), 50% effaced, and that I better pack my bags. He can't induce me until next Tuesday, but he is betting that I will have him before then-- and he usually doesn't bet :-). I was making some big sister shirts and he told me I had better hurry with those :-).
So, if my water breaks or I start having contractions 5-6 minutes apart I am supposed to go to Labor and delivery. I am a little concerned about contractions because when I was in labor with Isabelle I really couldn't figure that out. I didn't feel very well, so I called my mom to come watch the kids so I could take a nap. I called Tim and told him that I didn't think I was in labor, but to come home when he could because I needed some TLC. I talked to my sis in law Mandi on the phone while in labor-- she didn't even know-- but I really didn't know either. My neighbor came to the door and I stood there talking to her for a while, in labor. I just felt yucky. My belly hurt, but not like I thought it would. I thought contractions came and went, but my belly was just hard non stop. I finally decided when Tim got home, that if I wasn't in labor, something was wrong, so we better go. Hopefully I will figure this one out without trouble.
Basically, the end date is Tuesday, October 2nd-- no later. So, now everyone is supposed to guess the day and weight of this little guy. I don't know what prize we will give, but we will at least give you recognition on my lovely blog. Post in the comments your prediction. It will be fun to see what everyone has to say. Just so you have some help guessing, Lisi was induced one week early 10 lb 11 oz, Sarah was induced 2 weeks early 8 lbs 11 oz, and Isabelle was 10 days early 8 lb 6 oz. I don't know if that really helps, but there you go.
In other news, yesterday was a sad day for me. I got released from the best calling in the world. Our primary pres got called to be the stake primary pres, so everyone else got released too. I have loved that calling so much and being in primary has been so great. I cried when they released me. We have only been in for 2 years, and I love all the kids. Kids are much better than adults, they just love you no matter what and will forgive you in a second if you mess up. I have loved being random places and having the kids see me and run and give me hugs. It was the best. It was good timing I guess because of the baby and Tim's new calling, but I just wanted to be there forever. I suppose it is better to be released when you love your calling, than to ask to be released because you hate it. At least this way all my memories are good.
BYU finally won! That is good news. Isabelle is apparently a diehard BYU fan and would not leave the game until it was over-- even though it was pouring rain and everyone was completely soaked. She loved it. Tim took pictures and I will have him find the cord so we can post them.
I don't know if there is anymore news, but stay tuned. . . Maybe we will go on a walk for family home evening. I hear if you walk with one foot on the sidewalk and one in the gutter that is supposed to bring on labor. Any other ideas?
8 comments:
I hope you have the baby soon. My dr told me with Kaya that I would have her for sure within 48 hours but I didn't have her until 2 weeks later! That was the longest 2 weeks of my life.
I'm guessing 8 pounds 9 oz and Saturday...not that I want you to have to wait that long! I love the primary too...it is so fun!
Grandma thinks Timmy will be 9lb. and 3 oz. He will be born Tues. Lots of love to the whole family.
Mindy I remember that. I felt so bad for you. I don't have the same hope. I would love to go any day, I just figure he comes when he comes. It is nice to have a final date though.
Grandma Ellis says Timmy will come Friday and weight 9 lbs 5 ozs.
I am going to go with Thursday and 9lbs even?!?!?
I didn't specifiy which Tues. So now I will have to go with next Tues. Thinking about you guys a lot. My prayers are with you. Love, Grandma Hong
Dave's guess: He'll be born Tuesday, at 8 lbs. 7 oz. and I think he will come on monday at 9 lbs. 6 oz.
Post a Comment