Friday, September 28, 2007

Why I haven't had the baby

Well, I know I am supposed to have this baby today. Actually I just think Friday is a good day to have a baby. Again, my favorite anesthesiologist is working, and I won't have to go to church on Sunday and face everyone asking, "You're still here!" Uggh. I have already threatened my family that if they call me teasing about how I haven't had the baby, they will not get to see or hold the baby. Ever. I am serious too. Don't cross me.

No, I know the reason he hasn't made his entrance. It is because I have not cleaned out Lisi's closets and dejunked her room. I know subconsciously my body is waiting for that to happen. I don't know why I have put it off. Probably because I will get no fulfillment out of it. It will benefit my daughter, and I won't want to scream every time I see her room, but it really isn't that exciting for me. Actually, she does a pretty good job of keeping her room clean, and she spends a lot of time cleaning it, but she really has too much stuff. She keeps growing up. Maybe that is it. If I clean her room, I will realize she is growing out of being my little girl. If I have to go through all her toys, I will realize what she doesn't play with anymore, and I don't know if I am ready to face that. Poor Lisi. She has to suffer because I am so not ready for her to grow up.

So, instead of asking if I have had the baby yet, you can ask if I have cleaned Lisi's closet yet. I guess that is my next job. Sarah has to do her chores and then we are making Oatmeal cookies. Sarah struggles a little more with chores, so this is a difficult time at our house. So, I guess cleaning out the closet now is as good of a time as any. Wish me luck, not that I get it done, but that it will really work, and I can finally have this baby.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It's Saturday afternoon and I hope you guys are cleaning out closets! Oh Debbi, I totally agree - I think if I leave George's 3-6 month shirts hanging in his closet he won't really turn one in a couple of weeks and he will go right on being my infant. It works, right? Anyway, happy nesting. We are praying for you guys!