Day 2 started early for us. We left my aunt's house at about 6:30, so we could get to Disneyland right when it opened. We got there and Tim ran and got fastpasses for Space Mountain, and we got in line for the new Nemo ride. The Nemo ride was okay, I am glad we went first because later the lines were so long, and I would have been disappointed.
Tim was the Fastpass King. He pretty much had the day all planned out, and at one point we had 3 fastpasses. Since we had a baby we also were able to use the baby swap on most rides. So, Tim would go with the girls, and then I would use the baby swap. I could take one other person with me, so the girls were able to ride their favorite rides several times. Lisi and Sarah loved Tower of Terror, and Isabelle's favorite ride was Space Mountain. She didn't want to go on it at first, but I told her about when I was 5 years old, and my daddy took me. It has been my favorite ride ever since. She loved all the fast rides, and kept up with her big sisters. She even went on Haunted Mansion.
We always go to the Golden Horseshoe Revue for at least one meal. They have a show call Billy and the Hillbillies. They are all named Billy and they are brothers. It is really fun, and this time they had a Christmas themed one. So, we got there for lunch, and this was our first attempt to see how good they were about food allergies. They have a list of everything and what it has in it, and they are really nice about checking. I always hope that people will be nice and check happily. A lot of times they think I am just making it up or something and it is a pain for them to check. It is a pain to ask too :-). Unfortunately, they did not have anything that Timmy and I could eat there (except the french fries), and since I hadn't eaten breakfast because I was trying to take care of Timmy, I was pretty hungry. So I went to City Hall where they gave me a list for those with Celiac's Disease. That would be great if that was our problem, but we can eat things with Gluten, so I went and found some fruit. Then I went back and Timmy and I ate French Fries and fruit. Once we figured it, it wasn't so hard. I thought there was a master list of all the allergens, but there is just a list at each eatery. I was impressed that they were quick to help and never once did they say, "I don't think so, it is probably okay" when I asked if it had milk, egg, or nuts. They always looked for their list, or they found the manager. So, eating in the park was not as scary as eating outside the park.
We went back to the hotel for a little rest, and then caught the parade at about 6:30. Tim loves the parade because he loves to watch the kids react to everything. It was fun to see Timmy wave at all the characters, and dance to the music. Lisi is growing up, but she still loves the parade too.
After the parade, we attempted to have dinner. We went to a restaurant near the hotel and spoke to the manager about what we could eat. He said the hated words of, "I don't think so, I am sure it is okay." After we sat down and asked specific questions to the waitress, and they couldn't answer them, we just felt really uncomfortable about the whole place and left. It was the worst part of the whole trip. The manager was very nice, he even said we could bring our own food and he would cook it for us (ya, a little weird), but he just didn't "know" if things were okay, and we couldn't trust that.
So, Tim took the girls to the pizza hut in the hotel and Timmy and I went and found an El Pollo Loco.
It was a tiring, and trying day (food wise), but the kids had a great time.
Tim was the Fastpass King. He pretty much had the day all planned out, and at one point we had 3 fastpasses. Since we had a baby we also were able to use the baby swap on most rides. So, Tim would go with the girls, and then I would use the baby swap. I could take one other person with me, so the girls were able to ride their favorite rides several times. Lisi and Sarah loved Tower of Terror, and Isabelle's favorite ride was Space Mountain. She didn't want to go on it at first, but I told her about when I was 5 years old, and my daddy took me. It has been my favorite ride ever since. She loved all the fast rides, and kept up with her big sisters. She even went on Haunted Mansion.
We always go to the Golden Horseshoe Revue for at least one meal. They have a show call Billy and the Hillbillies. They are all named Billy and they are brothers. It is really fun, and this time they had a Christmas themed one. So, we got there for lunch, and this was our first attempt to see how good they were about food allergies. They have a list of everything and what it has in it, and they are really nice about checking. I always hope that people will be nice and check happily. A lot of times they think I am just making it up or something and it is a pain for them to check. It is a pain to ask too :-). Unfortunately, they did not have anything that Timmy and I could eat there (except the french fries), and since I hadn't eaten breakfast because I was trying to take care of Timmy, I was pretty hungry. So I went to City Hall where they gave me a list for those with Celiac's Disease. That would be great if that was our problem, but we can eat things with Gluten, so I went and found some fruit. Then I went back and Timmy and I ate French Fries and fruit. Once we figured it, it wasn't so hard. I thought there was a master list of all the allergens, but there is just a list at each eatery. I was impressed that they were quick to help and never once did they say, "I don't think so, it is probably okay" when I asked if it had milk, egg, or nuts. They always looked for their list, or they found the manager. So, eating in the park was not as scary as eating outside the park.
We went back to the hotel for a little rest, and then caught the parade at about 6:30. Tim loves the parade because he loves to watch the kids react to everything. It was fun to see Timmy wave at all the characters, and dance to the music. Lisi is growing up, but she still loves the parade too.
After the parade, we attempted to have dinner. We went to a restaurant near the hotel and spoke to the manager about what we could eat. He said the hated words of, "I don't think so, I am sure it is okay." After we sat down and asked specific questions to the waitress, and they couldn't answer them, we just felt really uncomfortable about the whole place and left. It was the worst part of the whole trip. The manager was very nice, he even said we could bring our own food and he would cook it for us (ya, a little weird), but he just didn't "know" if things were okay, and we couldn't trust that.
So, Tim took the girls to the pizza hut in the hotel and Timmy and I went and found an El Pollo Loco.
It was a tiring, and trying day (food wise), but the kids had a great time.

1 comment:
That sounds like so much fun. We had Disney passes for a year when the girls were little and we could ditch school more often. We had a great time. Now they are in 3 different schools with different schedules + early seminary and its crazy. I'm glad you had a good trip.
Post a Comment