We have a tradition at our house that is one of Sarah's favorites. April Fool's dinner. This year was pretty funny because Isabelle did not remember that it was April Fool's Day when we sat down to eat. She said, "Mom, why are the potatoes cold like they were frozen?" And, "That chicken Pot Pie doesn't look like it normally does." She was quite surprised that the potatoes tasted like ice cream and the pot pie candy in it. Later, I asked her what her favorite part of the day was and she thought and I suggested "cold potatoes?", she got a grin on her face and said "Yah, and skittles in my pot pie!!!" She is lots of fun.

Doesn't she look a little confused?
Doesn't she look a little confused?
Lisi just thinks her mom is crazy for doing all that work for a silly dinner, but she enjoyed it too. It is like having dessert for dinner.
Timmy really didn't know what to think. He really loved his soy ice cream though and kept saying "Please" so he could have more.
Sarah just loved every bit of it. She talks about this all year, and had so much fun trying to guess what was in the pot pie. She is the most creative, and I have to work hard to surprise her.
This was our "Chicken" pot pie. It had pudding (made with soy milk of course), peas (green skittles, not recommended-- the color runs), carrots (starbursts), corn (starbursts), potatoes (bananas), and chicken (dried apple slices).
The side was mashed potatoes (a scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce).
It was a fun and not very nutritious meal, but once a year, a sugar rush is okay right?
For recipes go to www.familyfun.go.com

4 comments:
Mom of the year once again! Your girls and Timmy are very lucky to have such a fun mom. You put the rest of us to shame. :)
Oh Yes! I have been there to enjoy one of these fun meals and they are a real treat. What fun traditions and memories you make. Love, Grandma Hong
I love this tradition! We did sugar up on April Fool's Day, but just by getting ice cream at Chic-fil-A. Maybe next year I'll try a wacky dinner. LOVE IT!
We never celebrate April Fools but I was thinking of you and wondering if you were doing your special dinner. What an awesome tradition!
Post a Comment